Our focus is on changing lives and destinies of individuals, cities, and nations through the power of the Gospel by connecting people with the Lord Jesus Christ, the local church, small groups, their passion for service, and other like-minded churches worldwide.
In 1992, Pastors Chris and Miriam Phillips came to Jacksonville, NC to provide pastoral leadership to Living Water Fellowship. At that time, there remained a small group of 60-80 people who had been without pastoral leadership for months and were meeting in a small storefront on Henderson Drive. Shortly after their arrival, the Lord began to bring clear vision and new purpose. Thus, River of Life Church was born.
In May of 1999, the church moved into a new worship facility at 1940 Gum Branch Road, where the Jacksonville main campus meets today.
For years, God has made it clear to us that River of Life and Pastors Chris and Miriam would expand beyond our home base in Jacksonville, NC, where we have been ministering to military families for 23 years. We knew that someday we’d start another River of Life somewhere, we just didn’t know where.
Through the years, we’ve regularly said goodbye to men and women stationed at Camp Lejeune as they received orders to Quantico in Northern Virginia. God made it clear that we should be moving in that same direction and begin a second campus in Northern Virginia. Our desire is to expand that work to reach Marines stationed at Marine Corps Base Quantico and soldiers assigned to Ft. Belvoir.
But, River of Life Virginia isn’t exclusively about the military. It’s about everyone in and around Northern Virginia. It’s about changing people’s lives and eternal destinies through the power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. That’s our passion, and that’s our purpose.
We meet every Sunday at 10:00 a.m. at 17650 Possum Point Point Road in Dumfries, VA.
We are so excited to expand the work that God has called us to in this community!
WHAT TO EXPECT
Nursery and Children’s Church will be available for those of you with young children, and of course, we’ll have fresh, hot coffee in the lobby.
- In one God – revealed as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- In the Resurrection of the dead, Judgment, and a literal Heaven and Hell.
- In Jesus Christ – begotten by the Spirit and born of a virgin.
- In the absolute inspiration of the Scriptures.
- In the Sacrament of Marriage between one man and one woman.
- In man’s inability to save himself apart from God’s grace and faith in Jesus Christ.
- In water baptism by immersion and in the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
- In the operation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit for all believers.
- In the priesthood of the believer – equal access to God.
- In the literal second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ – a new heaven and earth.
QUESTIONS or want to plan a visit?
We’d love to hear from you! A member of the team will contact you to help plan a visit to the Dumfries campus.